Wrought iron entry doors are a good choice, especially for those who live in the Phoenix and Tucson areas. The doors look nice and provide a good amount of security and safety. Another factor to consider when deciding on a front door is your budget. There are many additional accessories that can increase the base cost of a door, so it is important to look at what are standard features and what will increase the cost.
Benefits of Iron Doors
Located at 11035 N 21st Avenue in Phoenix, Iron Doors Arizona is the place that homeowners go to pick out their exterior doors. Iron is a popular choice for many reasons, as doors made out of the material have a variety of benefits:
- Great curbside appeal – Iron doors provide an elegant look to the exterior of your home. Whether it is a single door or a double one, it results in a grand appearance that is not seen with other doors.
- Design variety – One of the reasons iron doors are so visibly appealing is they come in a variety of design options. You can choose from a wide range of colors, styles, designs, and accessories to create a dramatic entrance your guests will rival.
- High level of security and durability – A major benefit of iron doors is they are exceptionally durable, which gives owners a peace of mind when it comes to security. They are thick and stable, making them almost impossible to penetrate in any way. They are extremely resistant to high temperatures, meaning they stand up to the fire. Iron doors can also withstand water infiltration, pressure testing, and high-force winds.
- Good insulation – Due to the sturdiness of iron doors, they provide excellent insulation, keeping out harsh weather and ensuring a comfortable and consistent temperature inside. This also means lower energy bills.
- Natural lighting and ventilation – Many iron doors are fitted with screens or glass. This allows the interior of the house to receive natural lighting and fresh air, while still providing safety to those in the home.
- Low maintenance – Although other doors may be less expensive, they require a fair amount of maintenance and upkeep to maintain their appearance and durability. For example, wood doors are susceptible to weathering conditions, which can cause the paint to peel and wear down, requiring frequent sanding, varnishing, oiling and waxing. In contrast, the only maintenance required for iron doors is to prevent rust. About once a month, clean the door with warm water and soap, making sure to clean off any soap residue and dry it completely.
- Great investment – Iron doors are worth the higher cost. Not only do they increase the value of your home, but most of them last a lifetime.
If you are convinced an iron door is a good choice for your house, the next step is to figure out how much you want to spend. Iron doors are highly customizable and, while this is great for choosing a unique door, this can greatly affect the final cost. At Iron Doors Arizona, all doors have standard components and then they can be customized from there.
Door frames are standard and 1-1/2” x 6”, and the doors are made with 12-gauge steel frames and panels. The doors are sandblasted to treat the rough areas. The scroll work is 5/8” solid steel. All doors come with a clear, patterned or opaque 5/8” insulated glass pane, which opens for cleaning and ventilation.
Standard features include barrel hinges with grease fittings, and all panels and frames are insulated with polyurethane foam. The bronze threshold is part of the frame, and there is a weather strip on the frames to reduce water and air penetration. All doors also come with a 5-year limited warranty.
Choosing the add-ons and accessories is where the fun and customizing begins, and it is also how costs increase. Choose the shape, such as round or square, and iron pattern, which is available in a wide range of designs. From classic to modern, pick from hundreds of styles to match your house, yard, and personal preference. You can also choose the finish of the door. Pick from a wide variety of colors and tones, and all paints are weather resistant.
Although iron doors provide security, the door locksets you choose will add an additional layer of safety. You can add regular security door locks, deadbolts, or keypad entry. Pull handles are another accessory that you need to choose. All hardware is of high quality, and they add an additional styling element to the door. Choose from smooth, twisted, clean, and ornate designs.
Although glass is included with all doors, you can customize and upgrade it to a textured finish such as tea, frost, water cubic, rain, aquatics, or new chip. You can also add a metal screen, which protects your home from insects and dust when you open the window to allow for better airflow.